On Fridays, from 9.30, we support up to 60 mainly Spanish families in need.
This had its birth in 2012 following a prayer meeting which discussed the way food banks were serving those in the UK and elsewhere. The following day, without knowing our concern, a local radio station and the local Dames charity both offered support if we launched a food bank. We responded and now, every week, families receive –
- Food staples including fresh bread and eggs
- Baby food and sweets for the children
- Essential items like as toothbrushes, toilet rolls, shower gel and shampoo
- The church building when open
- Something Special in Turre
- Ibex Insurance in Parque Commercial in Mojacar